- Carry Additional Weapons (Dead Island Riptide) – When you are playing as John Morgan, enter rage mode. John will pull out a staff, which is separate from his standard inventory. If your inventory is full at that point and another weapon pickup is nearby, you can quickly select that other weapon to replace the baton that John is carrying. That will add an additional weapon to your inventory, so that you are now carrying more than the usual maximum of 18 weapons. You can continue to expand your inventory in this manner, by activating rage mode and swapping out the baton for addition items as your inventory swells.
- Canned Food Exploit (Dead Island Riptide) – In an early chapter, you’ll meet a girl who asks you to scrounge along the beach for water and food. She’ll next ask for canned food. Once you retrieve around 10 or 20 cans, toss it on the ground and then kill yourself. As the recover process follows, quickly load your last checkpoint and access your inventory. Scroll down and you should find that the cans are back in your inventory. They also should be on the ground where you left them before loading your checkpoint save. You can keep repeating the process to mass a huge pile of cans that you can use to gain experience and money.
- New Game + (Dead Island) – All your character’s money and inventory (blueprints, items, weapons, etc.) are carried over to the next game (or “next play”) upon completing the campaign. This extends to the items you have left with the “item bank”, the NPC Jin.
- Drowning Zombies for XP (Dead Island) – If you’re scooting along the island solo or with a party and you have zombies chasing you, simply run into the water, kick them and watch them drown. Easy way to get XP and not die from trying to melee the crap outta zombies.
- Easy Early XP (Dead Island) – When you are in the hotel and the voice tells you to go to the maintenance room, keep going down the hall until you have to run away from the zombies. DO NOT GO INTO THE MAINTENANCE ROOM. Once you pass into the next hall you should see a zombie in a doorway to your left, directly after that there is a door you can open. Open the door run in and only let one zombie in. Make sure you close the door behind him then once inside start kicking him until he falls down then crouch and keep punching his head. It will take about 2 or 3 minutes because the zombie is level 50. Once he is dead you should get around 1300 XP. Just retrace your steps to get another zombie. You can do this as much as you want as long as you don’t run into the maintenance room.
- Avoid Zombies by Climbing Cars (Dead Island) – Although there are a lot of rooftops in Moresby, to get away from zombies, jump on the hood of the car, and the zombies can’t touch you. If you crouch and aim right, you can kill them from the safety of a car roof.
- Never Dull Your Weapons (Dead Island) – No matter the weapon, no matter the level, throwing your weapons never dulls them.
- Quick Kills with Blades (Dead Island) – When being approached by Walkers or Infected, wait until they get a few feet from you before you defend against them. Simultaneously take a step back and swing your melee weapon at them “aiming at the head” for higher damage output. Walkers and Infected usually take a huge swing at you when they get near you so performing this technique makes them miss while giving you the opportunity to decapitate them. It works nearly every time as long as your weapon’s condition is at least 50% or better.
This article uses material from the Game Revolution and is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License